Reduce Footprint. Increase Capacity. Lower Costs.
Store large amounts of data without using a ton of space with up to 2TB of storage on a 2.5-inch form factor.
– Quickly access high integrity data in a secure manner with either 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s
– Enjoy peace of mind with this third-generation drive delivering enterprise-class reliability for 24?7 environmental robustness
– Lower your power costs and store data faster with over 50% improvement in watts/TB, and 18% sequential performance improvement compared to the previous generation
– Rest easy with maximum system availability and drive performance as a result of improved rotational vibration tolerance and head micro-actuation
Unparalleled HDD Power Savings
Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDDs reduce per-gigabyte cooling and energy costs by packing high capacities into an SFF, low-power-consumption drive.
Included Seagate PowerChoice technology can further reduce energy costs by empowering IT organisations to tailor systems for optimal performance and power consumption. This results in power savings of up to 35% over traditional 3.5-inch drives, and potentially operating at low as 1.1 watts when idle. PowerChoice is based on the T13- and T10-compliant power management standard.
Big Storage for Small Spaces
Enterprise Capacity 2.5 HDDs can help you deploy additional enterprise storage without expanding your data centre.
With its 15mm z-height, the 2TB model is the third generation of the leading 2.5-inch hard drive capacity-optimised for dense, space-constrained data centres. This model can help you store twice as much data in the same footprint. Also features for nearline storage:
– Enterprise-class firmware and best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance maximise system availability and performance in multi-drive systems
– 12Gb/s SAS for improved data integrity, and scalability over long distances with fastest data access
– The SATA 6Gb/s interface is ideal to maximise for fast, economical bulk data storage
Save Money with Seagate Secure Drives
Seagate Secure Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) are TCG-compliant and can improve data-at-rest security and reduce drive retirement costs. The SEDs meet regulatory data security compliance requirements and are FIPS 140-2 Validated™ to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.1
Moreover, Seagate Instant Secure Erase2 feature on the SED and FIPS drives renders all data unreadable in less than a second.
Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
2.0 million hours
Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 operation
Non-recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read
1 sector per 10^15
Power-On Hours per Year
Bytes per Sector
512, 520, 528
Cache Buffer, Multisegmented
Interface Access Speed
12.0, 6.0, 3.0 Gb/s
Max. Sustained Transfer Rate
RV Tolerance (rad/s^2 to 1,800Hz)
Typical Operating, Random Read
PowerChoice Technology (Standby)
Power Supply Requirements
+12V and +5V
5 to 55 C
Vibration, Operating, 5Hz to 500Hz
Vibration, Non-operating, 5Hz to 500Hz
Shock, Operating, 2ms
Shock, Non-operating, 2 ms
Acoustics, typical – idling
Acoustics, typical – seek